photo wendymheader_zps13af5f55.gif


 photo wendyhome_zpsffd592d1.gif    photo wendyabout_zpsd57f4931.gif    photo wendycontact_zps812929de.gif

Monday, July 6, 2015


what a day!


One morning last week while at the beach, I got up really early to see the sun rise.  The beach in the early hours of the day with all the quiet and stillness is one of my favorite places to sit before the Lord.  The vastness of the ocean with the constant roll of the waves slipping on the shore brings about an overwhelming sense of awe and praise of who He is and His greatness.

There were a few clouds in the sky that morning so as the dawn began to break, there was no sun.  I found myself so disappointed and wondering why I had bothered to get out of bed so early.  As I continued to stand on the beach the words to the song "10,000 Reasons" began to scroll through my head.  The song says, "The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning.  It's time to sing Your song again.  Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."

The Lord immediately spoke two things to me.  First, the sun did indeed come up.  No cloud could change the fact that the sun DID rise even though I couldn't see it.  I didn't see it, but it was there all the same.  The evidence of it was everywhere.  It was producing light,  it was quickly warming the sand beneath my feet, and it was burning off the fog and clouds.  The same is true in our lives.  Sometimes when we are looking for Him, the Son, we may not see Him or His hand because the clouds (our circumstances) are seemingly hiding Him.  However, based on the truth of His Word and His faithfulness in all my past experiences,  He is there all the same.  Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  No matter your circumstance, He is there!  You may not see Him, but He is working on your behalf.

Secondly, He reminded me that because it is a new day, no matter what the day looks like or how it starts, I am to sing His song.  I am to be grateful that He has given me another day to make Him famous.  When the sun sets in the evening, no matter what the day has brought my way, I will ultimately be blessing His name.  "Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore!" Psalm 113:2.

Be encouraged, just as I was, by the reminder that He is there.  He is in the middle of your circumstance, your day, your trial even though you may not see Him there.  He has your name engraved on the palm of His hand and He is standing at the right hand of the Father ever interceding for you, by name.  Now, that makes for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment